Sunday, May 25, 2008

Alison's Sweater



I guess it's ok for me to put Alison's sweater on here, since she doesn't read her mother-in-law's blog. The sweater is on the cover of the current Creative Knitting. It was made from Dive Perrinca yarn. This yarn is 50% cotton, 38% Acrylic and 12% Viscose. It is very soft and cool -- and I think it will be perfect to wear in Florida. It should be beautiful with her pretty blue eyes, which is why I chose this color.

The sweater took me 6 days to knit ... and about four days to put together, crochet around the armholes and neck, and with some extra yarn I made a scarf to match the lace on the bottom of the garment. Looking at the photo I see I should block this thing before shipping it out. I will do that tomorrow -- and take another photo of it then. Also the color isn't very good in this photo -- and I will try to improve that as well.

Will someone tell me why I hate putting the finishing touches on these things? I would be much more productive if it weren't for this failing.

Hope everyone is having a marvelous Memorial Day Weekend. Mine has been, and will remain quiet -- with lots of knitting time. Now that Ali's sweater is finished, I will be working on my homework for the Judy Pascale class I'll be taking with the BAKG next weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - That's one beautiful sweater! I'm sure Alison will love it and the scarf is the perfect finishing touch. You really do such lovely work!
TFS Love ya, Karen (#1)

Angie said...

That came out so nice Alice! And I love the scarf, very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Well the jig is up.. Alison has now seen her sweater and is wonder why I can't wear it yet?? You are right about the color in the photo which I guess will now be my surprise when it arrives and again.. when will that be? does it match any of the beaded jewlery I have?

btw, did I say.. I LOVE IT!!!