Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Meet my Sheep -- SPOT



Here is a photo of SPOT. This is a Sheep that was given to me as a Birthday gift from Angela (http://www.angies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/) who is probably one of the nicest people on earth.


I have found that since I have a real, almost live, sweet Sheep hanging with me while I knit and crochet, I am working better and faster ... and happier. Thanks again Angela.


And don't bother telling me that SPOT doesn't seem to have any spots. Sometimes a name just comes to you ... and it sticks. Therefore, he is SPOT, and he seems quite happy with his name.

At least he hasn't complained yet!

Work on the Viceroy Butterfly Shawl is "getting there". I think I have about 15-20 rows to finish up to the point where I have to attach the beads. I am not looking forward to that part (and am still asking for ideas on how to keep the yarn from tangling while holding the beads). I received notification that I should be receiving the beads in a day or two ... and hope to have the shawl completed to that point when they arrive.


Remember: Each row is progressively wider ... so 20 rows are quickly becoming an enormous undertaking.

PLEASE think of some way to keep those beads once on the hairy mohair (duh -- you think this is why it has that name?) from becoming so snarled that it will be unusable.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Awww, Spot is so cute! And the name suits him very well. I tell you, it was very hard not keeping him for myself. But I knew he was going to a good home. I've never knit with beads so I don't have any suggestions. Maybe on of our other KBFF's will be able to help you.

Anonymous said...

I just love SPOT. Do you think he would like to meet TOBY!!

:)