Monday, April 14, 2008

Gift Blanket and Computer Bag for my Daughter

Hi everyone. And first of all, I must thank (1) Angela for helping me upload my photos, and (2) Panera's WiFi ... because something is wrong with my home router. All I have to do is say the word "j-peg" and it crashes. So ... I went to Panera's with my laptop -- connected -- and Angela helped me upload these photos. Hope you enjoy them.



I finally finished the blanket I want to give to Barbara's new son, Jaxon. Problem is ... don't know how to get it to her ... but I will. It's crocheted in a really soft baby yarn, and edged with something I had in my stash.



THANKS JUDY! I finished knitting this felted bag around a year ago, but for some unknown reason, was petrified about felting it. I mentioned this to a few people and one day I get a call ... "Alice ... if you would like, I will be felting next week and if you bring your bag to Panera's, I'll felt your bag along with mine." How could I resist? And look! She did a fantastic job. Again ... Thanks Judy.



Looks like lips, doesn't it? It's the inside of the bag. There is a "floor" of foam-board and I love the way it turned out.



This is a view of the bottom. I decided to put feet on it ... and even though I don't think they are very functional, I like the way they look, and the idea of them.

4 comments:

Angie said...

You are welcome Alice! Although, I don't feel like I did anything, once you were hooked up you were doing just fine on your own. The blanket is beautiful and I love the bag. Remember, you made it for your daughter, not yourself! (LOL)

Alice said...

OK OK ... I'll try to get it in the mail at some point today. I can "stuff" it with clothes I bought for her sons ... to keep its shape.

And so you feel I shouldn't bring it to Panera's Thursday evening?

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are one talented lady! That works out great for me since I am the very fortunate recipient of the fruits of your labor (many times at least) as your daughter! That also makes that "fruits of your labor" statement especially appropriate.

Mom - you are one talented lady and an awesome mom and friend! Now you just need to pop that pretty bag in the mail so I can load it up!

I love you,
Karen (#1)

Karen said...

Your computer bags looks amazing!! Are you taking any orders?