Monday, April 28, 2008

I CAN POST PIX (and details of my OTK shawl)


Well, finally I have a new router, or router-network thing ... or whatever it's called. All I know is: I can now upload JPGs without crashing! AND ... everything seems to be faster.

It wasn't a birthday gift (Birthday just past) but I'm accepting it as such. And now all interference seems to be gone, and there are no reasons I can't post on my blog. With no excuses, I guess I should get moving. Oh ... and I should show you my OTK (or is that OTH?) shawl. I'm crocheting it and am around the half-way point. After the shawl itself is finished, I will have to crochet around the outside with almost 3,000 beads. Yeah, I know. Anyway I ordered the beads yesterday, and they should be arriving within the week. I figure it should take me about a week to thread all those beads on my yarn. (If anyone has a suggestion about how to keep those beads, once on the yarn, from tangling beyond repair, please let me know.)

The shawl called for size 10 crochet cotton, but I decided I'd use some mohair I received as a gift from Matty (from the gang at Panera's), so it will be a little larger than stated. That's good though ... since *I* am a little larger as well!

Information about the shawl: Viceroy Butterfly Shawl, Created and Designed by Kathryn A. White. www.crochetnbeads.com. The pattern is really easy to follow, done in filet crochet, and when I e-mailed her a question, her answer arrived in under a half hour. Now how's that for service? I saw the shawl for the first time on Ravelry, and purchased it from her on Etsy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alice the shawl looks amazing! And, belated Happy Birthday!!!
Have you considered crocheting the beads on 1 at a time rather than stringing them? I knit a shawl that used that method.

Knitcrazy said...

Its Beautiful Alice !!!

Beautiful !! Beautiful !!!

DonnaC said...

Awe inspiring!!! And you are blogging now? How scary...