Monday, September 1, 2008

To keep you up to date:


I am now working on some sweaters for my Illinois grandchildren. They are almost 3 year old twin boys and a big brother who will be 6 the beginning of 2009. I am making them matching sweaters. I will post a photograph as soon as I have a bit more finished.

I am also working on a variation of Judy Pascale's Shapely Shawlette from "mystery yarn". I discovered this yarn in my attic, think I might have bought it on e-bay once, and also think it might be either cotton or mostly cotton. I love the way it looks -- off white with specks of color. I am also working on a magnificent triangular shawl (Marco Polo Self-Fringing Triangular Scarf) from Berroco Hip-Hop. The colors are beautiful -- with greens, purples - browns, etc. the yarn is high/low and is really interesting. There is a really bad photo of this yarn above. The Shawlette and the Scarf are "mindless" knitting projects -- since I don't have to look at directions, and so they are easy to do in low-lighting (like Panera's) or in a moving car. The sweaters are much more difficult, and until I finish the fronts (I am doing the twins' fronts at the same time to get them finished. I'll do Paulie's front after I finish their sweaters totally). I need quiet for them ... counting stitches, changing colors, etc.

I also bought other yarn when the Yarn Outless in Oceanside went out of business. One is an alpaca in greens, which I've used before in a blue/black (very denim looking)color to make a Clapotis shawl ... which I enjoyed knitting tremendously. It is Atacama, hand dyed 100% Alpaca. I bought enough to make another "Clap" ... but can't start that until SOMETHING -- ANYTHING is finished.

I also bought a cashmere/silk/merino wool combination, in a fingering weight, I think (no yarn wrapper) ... which is soft and really yummy. I have 4 skeins of each of two colors and am working on finding something to make with these. One is a really pretty soft pink and the other is a greenish-greyish-beige. They look marvelous together. Suggestions?

I will try to attach photos of any or all of these things really soon -- but did want to post since it's been a while.

No comments: