Thursday, June 5, 2008

Big Apple Knitting Guild Retreat Weekend




This past weekend, May 30-June 1, there was the BAKG Retreat Weekend at the St. Ignatius Retreat House on Searington Road. This Knitting Retreat consisted of three days -- Friday and Sunday 3 hours and Saturday 6 hours, and there were a variety of classes being taught. I took a 12 hour class given by Judy Pascale in composition of a sweater, and she taught so many things, it's difficult to state them all. What especially stands out in my mind are the seam closures she taught us. We learned to sew seams composed of stockinette stitch, reverse stockinette, moss, seed, garter -- you name it, we learned to do it -- invisibly. And Judy ... she has endless energy and a generous nature. And seemed to have more patience than anyone I've come in contact with in so long. The class was fantastic. I can't wait to learn what they will have next year at their Knitting Retreat, or where it will be held.

Above are photographs of the house of the Retreat House. It is simply awe-inspiring. The grounds are fantastic and there is a calm, cool feeling about the building.

Check out Judy's website. judypascale.com and you will not be disappointed. I am still trying to get all the information she taught into some sort of order -- and think I'll have to discuss this with the other 4 women from the Long Island Guild who joined me in this class so we can compare notes. Hopefully what I can't remember, they can, and vice versa.

Tonight was the Pot Luck Dinner at the Long Island Guild. I was totally surprised -- this was the first one I was at -- since last year I was in Florida. Well ... everything was simply delicious. And there were no duplicates either. YUM ... something else to look forward to.

No comments: